POPAI Outstanding Merchandising Awards
March 24 - 26, 2015
OMA Awards Celebration, March 25, 2015
Is Your In-Store Marketing Outta Sight?
Enter the 2015 POPAI OMA Awards Competition!
Enter now & receive the Regular Registration Rate!
2015 OMA Competition Rules & Regulations
Make sure to download the rules to help with registration and on-site procedures.
POPAI’s Outstanding Merchandising Achievement (OMA) Awards Competition is the premier award show recognizing the most innovative and effective in-store and point of purchase displays. Since 1958, this competition held alongside the industry’s largest tradeshow, GlobalShop, recognizes in-store marketing programs that lift sales, make products memorable, and entice consumers to purchase products.
Each year, winning displays are awarded Gold, Silver, and Bronze OMA Statuettes at the Annual OMA Awards Celebration. This year, the OMA Statuette celebrates its 50th Anniversary, so a new commemorative statuette will be given to all winners.
Enter now to prove your in-store marketing excellence, and a chance to show off the new awards!
Entry Deadlines & Fees:
Early Bird Entry Deadline: Friday, November 28, 2014
$399 POPAI Member Exhibitor
$599 POPAI Member
Regular Entry Deadline: Friday, January 9, 2015
$499 POPAI Member Exhibitor
$699 POPAI Member
Late Entry Deadline: Friday January 30, 2015
$599 POPAI Member Exhibitor
$799 POPAI Member
Click through the rest of the website for more OMA Awards Competition information, such as the Official Rules and Regulation, Categories, and more.
GlobalShop is the world’s largest annual event for retail design and shopper marketing. It’s the only show in the world where you can find the largest, most comprehensive array of store fixture companies and more in-store solutions than any live event in the nation. For more information about GlobalShop, please visit globalshop.org.
AWARDS YOU CAN WIN
Entries competing for the Creative Award will consist of Gold, Silver and Bronze winners from all categories. Non-OMA winners will NOT be considered. Judging will take place on-site after OMA primary results are tallied and calculated.
OMA winners will be judged against the special criteria established for “Creative Award” and only ONE Creative Award will be awarded in each division.
Winners should exhibit creative excellence in the following areas:
• Graphic Design: Does the entry have superior communication visually? Does its use of text and images embrace a range of intuitive skills and aesthetics that enhance the product or service it represents?
• Construction: Does the entry use innovative technology or creative engineering? Does it enhance the overall execution, support the graphic design and elevate the product or service it represents?
• Innovation: Does the entry introduce new print methods or construction technology never used before in merchandising?
• Impact: Does the entry have stopping power? Does it effect or influence immediate consumer action?
• Execution of Idea: Does the entry’s vision carry through the production process? Does all innovation and construction technology translate through to its final production?
• Brand Relevance: Does the entry support the over-all brand communication? Does it spark connection and awareness to the product or service it represents?
• Overall Execution and Communication: Does the entry consider all the above listed criteria? Do the criteria points support and enhance each other for complete creative excellence?
Judging will take place on site at GlobalShop after primary judging has been calculated. They will walk the show floor, view all OMA winners and select their top creative display in each division. Judging format consists of formal creative debate with all the judges against the criteria and objectives set in selecting the Creative Award winners. Creative judges are also judges in the OMA contest.
A panel of Blue Chip Creative Directors will be assembled from various industry backgrounds with experience in permanent, semi-permanent, and temporary merchandising.
If you are interested in becoming a judge for the Creative Contest please contact Alicia Rutherford at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.421.5208.
OTHER PAST WINNERS
OTHER OMA RELATED EVENTS
March 23rd from 5:00 - 8:00 PM at the Havana Room in the Tropicana
March 25th, Four Seasons Ballroom